Aars | Wells is seeking a senior-level Graphic Designer who can help make our agency stronger and deliver the caliber of creativity that our clients deserve.
In this role, you’ll work closely with an experienced team of agency professionals to develop creative elements for integrated branding, advertising and marketing campaigns. A typical day consists of:
- Researching and brainstorming creative ideas, with emphasis on art direction and design
- Developing original, unique design concepts
- Executing designs based on style guides or conceptual direction
- Preparing concepts for presentation and participating in design presentations to clients
- Developing design specs for production and/or producing press-ready/web-ready artwork within your range of production knowledge
If you’re ready to take on new challenges and do kick ass creative with passionate people who care as much as you do, this could be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
Qualifications & Skills
- 4+ years of graphic design experience, preferably in an agency environment
- Strong conceptual thinking, and the ability to bring concepts and key messages to life through beautiful, thoughtful, engaging design
- A passion for all aspects of design including conceptual thinking, typography, motion, copy, and imagery
- Expert-level proficiency in one or more of the following: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD), Figma, Sketch or other common design software
- A well-rounded portfolio that demonstrates your ability to originate design concepts for as many of the following as possible:
- Web (responsive websites, landing pages, emails, social media graphics)
- Print (ads, outdoor media, direct mail, packaging)
- Branding (logos, style guides, design systems)
- Enough understanding of HTML and CSS to understand the implications of your designs
- Strong teamwork skills – this role requires the ability to work closely with a Creative Director as well as account services teammates and clients to solve problems, achieve consensus and produce great work.
- The confidence and skill to communicate your ideas clearly
Bonus Points for:
- Formal design education or degree
- Any specific training or certifications in design or UX
- Experience with animation or motion graphics
- Familiarity with various prototyping tools
You’re perfect for this role if:
- You love using design to solve problems. You believe design is a powerful instrument for conveying key themes, emotions and ideas.
- You see a lot of things and think, “I could have made that look better.”
- You like variety and don’t want to do the same thing every day. You want to develop skills beyond your core areas of focus.
- You’re capable of applying your design skills to both digital and non-digital media. Once you’ve nailed the design, you could make it work on a web page, a billboard or a beer can.
- No one would describe all the work you do as adhering to only one style. You’re experimental, and it shows in your diverse portfolio.
- You collaborate well with others. You can originate creative ideas or run with creative direction from creative teammates, strategists and clients.
- You have a fundamental understanding of good design principles and know how to apply them even when experimenting with a new design trend.
- You’re not above occasional grunt work, and when you do it, you still treat it with love and attention.
- Even though you know you’re good, you also want to get better. You’re always ready to take on the next challenge, leveraging all that you’ve learned.
- You’re looking for a chill place to work, and a place where your input can really make a difference.
What we can offer you:
- We’ll support you in your quest for excellence by giving you the tools you need and the opportunities to do your best work.
- We’ll nurture your professional development by paying for courses, events, memberships and any other worthwhile learning opportunity.
- We’ll pay you a competitive salary with bonus potential and the opportunity to earn more as your work helps our agency grow.
- We’ll provide a 401(k) with a company match
- We’ll pay for your health, dental and vision insurance, your cell phone, breakfast every Friday and your bar tab at any company outing.
- You’ll have room to spread out in the perfect creative work environment in our Uptown (Dallas) office, right next to the Katy Trail.
- We’ll give you flexibility (unlimited paid time off; generous maternity/paternity leave) and autonomy in customizing your working hours and location.
- We’ll have your back. You’ll be a part of a team who depends on you, and vice versa.
About Our Firm
If you’re looking for variety, you’ll find it at Aars | Wells.
Our client base is very diverse, as are the projects, challenges and budgets they bring to us. We like it this way. A few of our clients are huge, well-known brand names, but most are small and mid-size marketers who really depend on us to help strengthen their brand and grow their business. Either way, you’ll be able to see the effect your work is having on these businesses, and that’s not something every agency is able to show.
Our work is equally diverse. As an integrated agency, most of our campaigns involve a broad mix of tactics. Being able to execute a cohesive creative strategy across multiple touchpoints is the key to our success. This isn’t always easy because it requires knowing how to do a lot of things. But that’s why we believe in building an amazing team full of smart people who are willing to listen and learn as well as teach.
We’re most proud of the fact that we do all that we do while maintaining a laid back, fun atmosphere where work is enjoyable, not stressful. We have an inclusive, family-style vibe, an unlimited PTO policy and a “Be nice, work hard, have fun” ethos that’s powered us for 20 years.
If you think this is the perfect role for you, please fill out the form below and provide a link to your portfolio or work samples. If you prefer to send your samples as an attachment, please email them to email@example.com.